Your Cars Airbags: I bet you didn’t know…
Airbag Fun Facts
Here are some neat Facts about your cars Airbag that I bet you didn’t know.
- The first model sold that had airbags was the Oldsmobile Toronado in 1973.
- The first car in the world which was equipped in standard feature with front airbags was the Porsche 944 Turbo in 1987.
- In the beginning the airbag was not seen as an additional safety factor of safety belts. The air bag inventor actually wanted to replace the uncomfortable seatbelts.
- The airbag moves up to 4500 mph within a second when deployed. A force of 200g is generated. They are designed to explode at an impact speed of 19 mph. The bag inflates within 40 milliseconds of a crash.
- Airbags have saved more than 1,700 lives in the world. Since 1995 airbags have been deployed in vehicles more than 800,000 times.
- If your car is going more than 200 MPH the airbags will deploy
- The airbags inflate from the electronic sensors. It senses the sudden deceleration.
- 11 percent of fatal injuries can be reduced because of an airbag.
- If you think the airbags are used to replace seat belts, you are wrong: The seat belts decrease the the injury on the chest and the head. If you don’t have the seat belt and only the airbags, you can experience fatal injuries.
air bags car airbag airbags srs safety system
Standridge Auto Parts Blog Posts follow our happenings @standridgeauto #standridgeauto gastonia charlotte greenville used automotive parts junkyards salvage parts cheap affordable car parts hollander store ebay! shop online via hollander http://standridge.hollanderstores.com/ shop our ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/standridgeautoparts1 Used auto body parts within gastonia, greer gaffney spartanburg rock hill forrest city rutherfordton cherryville lincolnton waco polkville fallston belmont charlotte north carolina south carolina georgia tennessee nashville blacksburg virgina kings mountain mount holly lattimore lawndale cliffside asheville hickory hills of north carolina marion greensboro the triangle pittsboro raleigh winston salem UNC NCSTATE cheap auto parts for college students locally owned and operated fort mill shadyside drag strip dirt track racing nascar billy standridge Quality Used Auto Parts friendly service import domestics trucks auto recyclers wheels ARA foreign cars recycled vehicle parts gatlinburg tennessee classic cars car fun facts cars & trucks SUV SUT hummer motors engines transmissions drive shafts transfer cases speedometers window regulators side view mirrors window glass fenders hoods body shop mechanics shop don’t overpay at the mechanic girlpower sisters recyclers starters alternators AC compressors condensers airbags coil packs fuse boxes fuse panels cheap tires affordable batteries interstate batteries battery warranty cars for sale Tail lights fuel Pump head lights tail lights modules ecm pcm radiators sunvisors door panels leaf springs seats front seats rear seats door swtches seat belts window regulators jack assy fule pump cd dhanger navigation systems reese hitch steering geer rack air flow meter flywheel air mass air flow sensor heat pump calipers rotors rear drum brakes frame antenna hub steering column differential axles cam shaft valve stem steering wheel spoiler gear shifter tires windsheild door handle exhaust rack and pinion brake control arms abs fuel tank power window motor wiper motor computer module grille cleveland county car automotive parts automotive parts accessories performance automotive parts chevy automotive parts replacement automotive parts automotive parts sales